Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Garden is complete!

Hello there! Not too much cooking yet this week as we were able to celebrate sweet Kenny's birthday last night and tonight were invited to dinner at a friends. (Where we had an amazing blood orange olive oil that I want to replicate.) I have to admit I do love the nights off from cooking but I am excited to actually get in the kitchen tomorrow.

So today we finished the vegetable garden. I had the pleasure of spending time with my glorious husband after work today. We went to Home Depot and picked up the last of our plants for the veggie garden. We added zucchini and cucumbers, both planted directly in Miracle Grow bags, four pots of brocolli, and a heirloom tomato called "Mr. Stripey" planted in a Trader Joe's shopping bag. Awesome!

How cute is the TJ's bag? Best pot ever!

DONT be tricked! I saw that Miracle Grow now sells "Gro Bags" which is basically a bag of $4.79 Miracle Grow soil that has three holes cut in it. It sells for about ten dollars. Save your money or I will gladly cut the holes for you at a discounted rate. :)

And here are some pics of our new cacti as our previous ones were destroyed by frost. Love the tall one!


Night all!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for our MR Stripey Tomato! Good job honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heirloom tomatoes are the best things ever!! Ok so mike thinks you need some more peppers planted jalapenos habaneros!
    -Love Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some hot peppers but they didn't grow well in our yard last summer. We are trying out the small hot red peppers. We'll see. Thanks for checking it out you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys need to check out THE OLIVE OIL PLACE. There is one close to us, if you go get the Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar it is amazing and they have tons of yummy olive oils to try. If you cant find one in AZ I will bring some down with me the next time I come out.
    -Love Erin

    ReplyDelete