Sunday, March 6, 2011

First Post!!!

So here goes! This begins my new journey documenting my favorite parts of life. I am looking to spend more time focusing on the simple things that I love: cooking, traveling, gardening, and being outdoors. This weekend was the perfect platform to jump from. The weather in Arizona was a beautiful 75 degrees. I spent today gardening and cooking...I feel so relaxed.

Last year, my husband, Jeff, and I had a 400 square foot garden. Lets just say it was too big for two people. This year, we didn't want to commit to as much water, weeding, work, and  yield. I decided to do a container garden as we wil be remodeling the back yeard this summer so I cant do anything permanent. Well...I love it. It was so much less work. I already had the pots so I just had to buy plants and soil.

Here is phase one. (In the pots-Tomatoes with onions, artichoke, bell pepper, hot pepper, basil, thyme, parsley, and carrots(well future carrots). In the bags of soil-squash)


I am planning on adding zucchini and lettuce to the garden. Maybe some more carrots and radishes. Working in the yard the past few days really revitalized my energy. I cant wait to keep the beautification process going.










After a long day of gardening I had to be rewarded right? Dinner was an amazing new favorite. I made Ginger Lime Ahi Tuna and Veggie Kabobs with Garam Masala Sweet Potatoes. It was something special.



For a sweet treat I made these amazing healthy "MUFFINS". They have no sugar, flour, or oil/butter. They are amazing!!! I cant wait for breakfast.

Because I wasn't feeling productive enough...I made a batch of limoncello. Today, I peeled the rinds from 20 lemons and left that to soak in a 1.75 L bottle of vodka...cheap vodka!
The lemons before.
The lemons after.       This will be my second batch. The first one came out great so I changed it up a bit. I added the rind of two grapefruits to the batch. We'll see if you can tell. After 4 days of soaking I will strain it and add a simple syrup to complete the liqueur!  







4 comments:

  1. love it sarah! sweet el berry!!!
    love court

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that dinner looks amazing, I have been living on frozen pizza and soup, I need you to come cook for me. This is from Erin by the way, but I am on Mikes google acct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Bebe (Natasha/Nikita/Brian/Koko)'s mom. WOW where do you get all this energy!!! Beautiful dinner, garden, etc. The muffin recipe looks delicious and healthy - gotta try those.

    AND your background IS TOTALLY AMAZING!!

    Excited to see more from you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I love this blog, so pretty and simple (just like a certain lady I know.) Consider yourself bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete