Friday, January 2, 2015

Breakfast casserole method

I like to make a breakfast casserole at least once a week. Pretty much a giant fritatta. We can eat it for a couple days and the babies love to eat them for lunch or dinner. They are a great use up of any meats or veggies you already have. I love to put one diced sweet potato and diced onion in almost every one I make. Some of my favorite ingredient options include: sweet potato, onion, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, kale, bell peppers, tomatoes, bacon, hot links, sausage, (you could do chicken but I'm still not a chicken for breakfast person, maybe one day). I always add some spice to it. Salt and pepper are a must. I also like sage, chili flakes and rosemary depending on the veggie/meat combo.

Here's the basic method with the ingredients I happened to use today but mix it up to what you have on hand.

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato peeled and diced
1 onion diced
2 hot link sausages
1/2 tsp dried sage
8 eggs beaten (When serving this, I like to cut it into 8 slices -Yeah I'm crazy like that and it helps me with serving sizes)
S and P

1. Preheat oven to 350. Saute diced veggie, meats and spices until veggies are just soft and meat is slightly browned. It will all cook a little more in the oven.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 casserole with coconut oil.
3. Place veggie/meat mixture in the greased pan.
4. Pour beaten eggs on top and mix around until everything is evenly distributed and mixed well.
5. Bake in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until eggs are set.

Tastes great room temp and reheats well. Do it do it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment