Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I'm baaaccckkkkk......

To say it's been a while would be an understatement. In the past three years since I was posting here, life has changed dramatically! I'm no longer teaching fifth grade, I'm teaching my 14 month old twins how to be little humans. It is the best job I could ever hope for and I am blessed beyond belief to be able to stay at home with them. Needless to say I have been a cooking fool. The twins eat everything and a lot of it. So I've found myself in the kitchen more than ever. That led to some great new recipes and some bad habits of "sampling" the babies food wayyyy too often and not taking time for my health. I have been reading books and articles and watching documentaries on food and the food industry and honestly it's all bullshit. (I am also part sailor...I'm trying to quit I promise!) I'm disgusted with what I'm learning. I seem to learn more everyday. This led to going mostly organic when the Babies were born. Recently, my husband and I gave up all grains, legumes, all forms of sugar and dairy. We started with the idea of completing a Whole 30 but I am not ready to give up my wine yet. Did I mention I have 14 month old twins???!!! I am sure I will complete one at some point because I really enjoyed the book It Starts With Food which is about the program. So we are paleo and it is going really well. We've tried calorie counting, vegetarian, gluten free, and weight watchers before and it was such a challenge. Having strict rules really helps me to set boundaries when I'm out to eat or shopping. I am loving the challenge of cooking with whole, organic delicious foods. We feel better and it eliminates the "sampling" I used to do and some of the other unhealthy relationships we had with food. Our health and food lifestyle is a work in progress but I finally feel like I found something I believe in and can stick with. I will be posting some delicious recipes soon. So stay tuned for some future yum!

1 comment: